It's lunchtime. You look forward to savoring those oven-fresh pizzas whose delicious aromas have been teasing your nose for quite some time now. Your teeth cautiously sink into the tip of the slice. You chew for a while and then you go mmmm....
Suddenly someone storms into the room and launches into a litany of sorts..."Eating in the meeting rooms should not be allowed because it might give the clients the wrong impression. The reception smells of garlic and cheese! What will they think if they see you chatting and eating take-away? You know very well that it is hard to look for new projects..Who knows, this company might close down in a few months..." With each sentence I could feel my anger rise. Finally, I told my friend that I'm about to cry. The person comes back and says we can eat at the back, near the staff entrance. She notices I'm getting all upset and apologizes for it. By then, we decided to move to a different place outside the office. I continue eating my pizza in silence, tears flowing down my face like you would see in some cheesy videoke...hahahah! I laugh at the absurdity of it all but at the same time it felt great that I was finally able to release the negative vibes.
It was back to my cheery self after that, but I somehow feel that there was clearly something wrong with the message I'm getting. 1) That person seems to be throwing her weight around much to the chagrin of the people around her. Whatever happened to respecting the unpaid one-hour break? 2) It is certainly unprofessional for someone to be saying stuff about the possibility of the company closing down as that person is not in the position to say stuff like that. Funny how the lack of tact can cause so much trouble. Nevertheless, I will speak to higher authority about this and hopefully it will not fall on deaf ears.
Dinner was the complete opposite of what happened earlier at lunch. Kuberan and Punitha invited Claire, her husband Chris and me to their house for some Malaysian fare. Conversation was great, the food was good, the house was warm and homey, and the people were very very nice and friendly. It was a great way to cap a crappy day. The energy around was so positive that I feel blessed and grateful to be in these couples' presence. I surely wouldn't mind coming around and spending time with them!!!
I am glad to have survived another day. I just know that things will turn for the better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trusting that the universe will conspire with me. ;) For now, I'm just happy to be getting some sleep. Good night! Tomorrow is another day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment